Valuation services represent a unique cross-section of multiple accounting disciplines and are tailored for the purpose for which they are to be used. Not only do we possess the requisite skills, licenses and experience to conduct valuations, but we are also uniquely licensed to provide opinions as to the credibility of reports prepared by other valuators.
Many times, valuation services are used in connection with existing or contemplated litigation. Ideally, two independent and objective valuators should come to reasonably similar conclusions using the same conclusions and information . Unfortunately, this is not always the case due to professional differences of opinion that may exist. For this reason the litigation process can become costly.
It is our philosophy that reasonable people may disagree. Bearing this in mind, we strive to be effective in the scope of our valuation engagements by striking a balance between objectively processing opposing viewpoints and conveying viewpoints of our own.
Our typical valuation engagements include:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Business interruption and economic damage calculations
- Estate tax planning and gifting
- Determination of whether foreign interests in rise to the FATCA reporting thresholds
- Mergers & Acquisitions decisions
- Asset allocation in accordance with IRC 1060
- SBA Financing
- Use in litigation matters: (e.g. civil, matrimonial, probate or other court-required purpose)
- Personal use by business owners
Proactively engaged business owners will leverage the benefits of a valuation exercise by obtaining insight as to the actionable items that maximize enterprise value. Companies may also benefit from these services by resetting expectations to a reasonable level while gaining insight into: industry, company and economic trends.